- Grevillea Park Rowing Facility Officially Open
- Police Investigate Multiple Motor Vehicle Thefts
- Firefighters Honoured At National Emergency Services Memorial
- Man killed in two-car crash on NSW south coast
- Calls for coronial inquest into Canberra Hospital fire
- Young boy approached in Queanbeyan
- Police suspect Mawson building fire was deliberately lit
- Police Seek Assistance After Child Approached In Queanbeyan
- Canberra Experiences Rental Affordability Crisis
- Canberra Named Australia's Top Selfie Capital
- Oaks Estate denied heritage listing after 16 year battle
- Girlfriend of accused Queanbeyan killer pleads guilty to domestic violence
- Man cleared of accusations he hit a child with a pinata stick
- School zones back in as Easter break comes to an end
- A citizens' jury could be on the way for Canberra
- Catholic school teachers tipped to strike over work conditions
- ANZAC Day dawn service attracts crowd of 38,000
- 110 Mr Fluffy blocks up for auction next month
- Man refused bail for attacking neighbour with a knife
- Sexual Assault Appeal Quashed
Published: 20 April 2017 Written by Jacinta Lee
The average price of a house in Canberra is now $705,000.
The Domain State of the Market report shows with the ACT's flourishing economy and more and more people moving here for work, house prices have risen 5.3% in just one quarter - the highest of any capital city.
Freestanding homes have passed the $700,000 mark for the first time, while unit prices have dropped to $400,000.