- Teen faces court for aggravated robbery in Ngunnawal
- Man dies after car and truck collide near Yass
- Police now hold grave concerns for missing woman
- Canberra's water the best-tasting in the region
- Student claiming lecturer raped her 'feared expulsion'
- Search For Missing Canberra Woman Continues
- ACT Government Agrees To Provide Temporary Funding For SHOUT
- CSIRO app to help patients with knee replacements
- Canberra breaks its interstate visitor record
- ACT team to help towns ravaged by Cyclone Debbie
- Bimberi staff under investigation over alleged misconduct
- Comancheros bikies tried for shooting and wounding rival
- 24 calls for help in Canberra after storm warning
- Police Calling For Information After Civic Assault
- Holder Community Action Group To Oppose Public Housing
- Public Submissions Wanted Over How Much Power ACT ICAC Should Have
- Family suffers severe burns in blast at a picnic spot
- Gungahlin Town Centre Planning Still Active
- Above And Beyond Exhibition Lands At Questacon
- Canberra Teacher Found Not Guilty Of Sexual Charges
Published: 20 March 2017 Written by Rory
Police are seeking witnesses after an 83-year-old was bashed in Canberra's south early this morning.
Authorities were called to the Embling Street home in Wanniassa shortly after 1 o'clock this morning after reports a male had forced entry into the house and demanded cash from an elderly man.
The offender is described as Caucasian, between 35 and 45 years of age and wearing all dark clothing.
ACT Policing is describing the assault as cowardly, while the victim has been taken to hospital.