- Teens face court for allegedly blackmailing men on Grindr
- Man accused of helping dump a body faces court
- Car smashes into a tree in Ngunnawal, trapping driver
- Belconnen Building Evacuated
- Man Who Choked Girlfriend Re-Sentenced
- Police on the hunt for thieves who held up a KFC
- Crashes on the territory's roads halt morning traffic
- New solutions sought for Canberra's rubbish problem
- Health Department next in line for job cuts
- Trial Delayed For Alleged 'Negligent' Driver
- Car Smashes Into Charnwood Woolworths
- Archbishop says mandatory reporting laws need work
- Lawyer convicted of deception previously jailed
- Woman who set fire to her ex's car gets jail time
- Dash-Cam Footage Shows Driver Flee Accident In Civic
- Removal Of Trees On Light-Rail Route To Be Fast-Tracked
- ACT Policing Release Ngunnawal Robbery Footage
- Two car crash on Gungahlin Drive stalls traffic
- Man faces court for shooting in Gordon
- Canberra drug dealer forced to hand over assets
Published: 17 February 2017 Written by Jacinta Lee
A Florey man's been refused bail after allegedly climbing through the window of his ex-girlfriend's home and trying to choke her.
32-year-old Amjed Hilal is accused of hiding outside the woman's bedroom and sneaking in in the early hours of the morning.
A struggle ensued where he allegedly held her down on the bed, slapped her until her mouth bled and later dragged her to the back of the house kicking and screaming.
Mr Hilal disputes his ex-girlfriend's claim he threatened to kill her, instead stating he slammed her against a kitchen wall to quote "calm her down."
The case is back in court in March.