- Teens face court for allegedly blackmailing men on Grindr
- Man accused of helping dump a body faces court
- Car smashes into a tree in Ngunnawal, trapping driver
- Belconnen Building Evacuated
- Man Who Choked Girlfriend Re-Sentenced
- Police on the hunt for thieves who held up a KFC
- Crashes on the territory's roads halt morning traffic
- New solutions sought for Canberra's rubbish problem
- Health Department next in line for job cuts
- Trial Delayed For Alleged 'Negligent' Driver
- Car Smashes Into Charnwood Woolworths
- Archbishop says mandatory reporting laws need work
- Lawyer convicted of deception previously jailed
- Woman who set fire to her ex's car gets jail time
- Dash-Cam Footage Shows Driver Flee Accident In Civic
- Removal Of Trees On Light-Rail Route To Be Fast-Tracked
- ACT Policing Release Ngunnawal Robbery Footage
- Two car crash on Gungahlin Drive stalls traffic
- Man faces court for shooting in Gordon
- Canberra drug dealer forced to hand over assets
Published: 15 February 2016
A Psychologist working on the South coast has been banned from practicing after persuing a sexual relationship with a patient.
The patient, who was born a woman but presented to the clinic as a man had a case so complex, experts argue it was beyond the skills of a psychologist.
After attending monthly sessions for sometime the pair soon entered into a sexual relationship - one which later broke down and led to the psychiatrist confessing about his actions to a colleague.
On top of being banned from practicing the psychologist will be unable to apply for new registration for five years and is prohibited from providing any health services.