Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgContentJw_sig has a deprecated constructor in /home/radio2cc/public_html/plugins/content/jw_sig/jw_sig.php on line 18
Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgContentJw_allvideos has a deprecated constructor in /home/radio2cc/public_html/plugins/content/jw_allvideos/jw_allvideos.php on line 18
Published: 27 January 2016
Emergency services spent Australia Day dealing with the aftermath of a severe thunderstorm that struck Canberra on Monday night.
Two Tuggeranong women were hospitalised during the storm that battered Canberra and the ACT State Emergency Service received nearly 550 calls for help during the evening in the capital.
SES volunteers from the Southern Highland were called in to assist local SES crews, with ACT firefighters and TAMS crews also lending a hand with the clean up.
The storm brought flash flooding and hail stones the size of golf balls, and the Bureau of Meteorology said Canberra could see isolated storms and heavy rainfall on Tuesday evening.
- Heritage backlog stalls protection for Canberra's best
- Push for changes to drug-driving laws
- Crowdfunded billboard to come to Canberra
- Police issue second plea for help to find Joel Koppie
- Canberra court hears horror story of domestic abuse
- NSW Premier announces resignation
- Fires under watch from first light
- Court hears a man assaulted a woman at Canberra Hospital
- Fyshwick building on fire early this morning
- Man refused bail for groping women on buses
- Wamboin fire being treated as suspicious
- Human Services falling short on processing claims
- Blood cancer centre struggling at full capacity
- Woman recovering from Bungendore car crash
- Concerned Citizens to pay government's court costs
- Hoddle Street killer loses bid for damages
- Fire tears through Tarago, upgraded to watch and act
- Suspicious Fire At ACT Border
- Terrified mum robbed at Riverside Plaza
- Canberra leading the nation in organ donation