Latest - Capital Radio News
Published on 25 January 2016
Brumbies playmaker Christian Lealiifano has re-signed with the club until the end of the 2018 Super Rugby season.
The signing is a big coup for the Brumbies who have already missed out on the signatures of Matt Toomua and Stephen Moore. The Brumbies and Wallabies playmaker made his debut in 2008 and has played 101 matches for the club making him the eighth most-capped in the club's history.
Lealiifano is regarded as one of the best backline players in Australia, Lealiifano said the side has been working hard this pre-season and he is excited to play the first game of the season against the Hurricanes.
"This year we have a great team and I'm really looking forward to 2016 being a memorable year for the club, starting with our trial matches and round one hit-out against the Hurricanes," Lealiifano said.
The Brumbies will now hope to secure David Pocock who was recently named the ACT's Australia Day ambassador.
- Man 'searched the internet for ways to knock woman out' Before Murder
- ACT Government 'Racially Discriminated' Against Doctor
- Restrictions Lifted On Fluffy Demolition Contractor
- Safer Families Levy Arrives For Ratepayers
- Canberra's Unit Prices Falling
- Dickson Shops to Go Ahead
- Canberra Hospital ED Busier Than Ever
- New Parking Motorbike Trials
- Lawyers Believe Not Enough Evidence to Convict Alleged Drug Dealer
- 84 Year Old Cooma Man's Near Miss
- Canberra Liberals Admit There's a Need For Light Rail
- Chief Magistrate Warns Courts Could Be Overworked
- 14 carriages already ordered for Canberra's Light Rail
- Inmate assaulted in his cell fearful of second attack
- Suspicious Fire Destroys Centrelink Building in Goulburn
- Woman Out on Bail Accused of Smuggling Drugs
- Concerns Over Canberra's New Transport Body
- ACTION Buses Out of Action Tomorrow
- 13-Year-Old Driver Involved In Cyclist Crash
- Positive Results For Canberra House Prices