Published: 25 January 2016
Brumbies playmaker Christian Lealiifano has re-signed with the club until the end of the 2018 Super Rugby season.
The signing is a big coup for the Brumbies who have already missed out on the signatures of Matt Toomua and Stephen Moore. The Brumbies and Wallabies playmaker made his debut in 2008 and has played 101 matches for the club making him the eighth most-capped in the club's history.
Lealiifano is regarded as one of the best backline players in Australia, Lealiifano said the side has been working hard this pre-season and he is excited to play the first game of the season against the Hurricanes.
"This year we have a great team and I'm really looking forward to 2016 being a memorable year for the club, starting with our trial matches and round one hit-out against the Hurricanes," Lealiifano said.
The Brumbies will now hope to secure David Pocock who was recently named the ACT's Australia Day ambassador.
- Police Seek Witnesses After Attempted Robbery
- Canberra Liberals Criticise ACT Government Over Education Report
- Police Rammer Pleads Guilty
- Organisers Claim Success Over First 'Meet A Muslim' Event In Canberra
- Schools Could Face Delay Despite Promised Mental Health Workers
- Parents Make Emotional Plea For Information Over Son's Death
- Army Veteran Convicted Of Animal Cruelty
- Man Jailed For 'Predatory' Behaviour
- ACT Policing Pleased With Spilt Milk Festival Go-ers
- Emergency Admissions Due to Pollen Conditions on the Rise
- Flights from Canberra to Dubbo Set to Take off in 2017
- Canberra Nurses Demand Inquiry into Work Practices
- Man Refused Bail over Child Pornography Charges
- Two Men Hospitalised After Brawl in Phillip
- David Eastman Re-Trail Appeal Quashed
- Braddon Man Sentenced to 4 Years in Jail Over Rape
- Police Call For Canberra Motorists To Slow Down In School Zones
- ACCC Employees Accept New Workplace Deal
- Eastman Retrial Delayed
- Major International Airlines Rule Out Flights To Canberra