Latest - Capital Radio News
Published on 25 January 2016
A Canberra student has made calls for tolerance after a racist tirade was made against him during his walk to the ANU.
Atem Atem was shocked when a man yelling 'Darkie Immigrant' told him to go back where he came from during a five-minute racist tirade beside Lake Burley Griffin.
The PHD student was shocked when bystanders didn't intervene during the man's abusive behaviour, prompting him to question whether the ACT community had grown complacent about racism.
Mr Atem said if he could send a message to the man it is that we are all human.
- ACT Government to End Political Donations from Property Developers
- Kippax Woolworths Robbed
- Canberra Liberals Pledge to Crack Down on Public Housing System
- ACT Greens Propose Cab Integration
- Woman Who Robbed Caltex Denied Bail
- Labor Attempting To Bring New Festival To Canberra
- Canberra Liberals Pledge To Mental Health
- Canberra's Universities On The Rise
- ACT Liberals Announce Disability Package
- ACT Greens Pledge To Turn Buses Into Clean Energy
- Mitchell Cannabis Dumper Refused Bail
- Tumut Man Charged With Drug And Weapon Offences
- Braddon Man Found Guilty Of Rape
- Parents Of Killed Infant Avoid Charges
- Union All Fired Up
- ACT Greens Bus And Light Rail Promise
- Concerns Raised Over ACT Government Payments
- Giralang Pyro Pleads Guilty To Two Separate Incidents
- Drunk P Plater Crashes Into Power Pole
- Greenway L Plater Fails Breath Test With Children In Car