Latest - Capital Radio News
Phoebe Deas Published on 25 January 2016
Canberra streets could host trials of self-driving cars under a plan by the Canberra Liberals.
Shadow Transport Minister Alistair Coe will release the draft legislation today.
Mr Coe says Canberra's dispersed population and expertise in science and technology makes the capital an ideal testing ground for autonomous cars.
Similar schemes exist in South Australia, Britain and some American states.
- Calls For More Restrictions on P-Plate Drivers
- Small Business Confidence Second Best In The Country
- Man Behind Kenny Koala Gets Nominated
- Abuse Doesn't Happen In Our Jails Says Shane Rattenbury
- Canberra Aiport Wins Big
- Parto Gunning For Brindabella
- Residential Plans Unveiled On Northbourne
- Gus' Cafe In Civic Could Be Reopened Under A New Name
- Uncle And Nephew Avoid Time Behind Bars
- Kangaroo Cull Has Wrapped Up
- Canberra's Economy One of The Best in The Nation
- Canberra Liberals Committed To Scrapping Light Rail
- Hume Fire 'Not Suspicious'
- One-Punch Victim's Life 'Changed' Following Attack, Court Hears
- 2015 Kangaroo Cull Deemed 'Unlawful'
- ACT Issue Plea For Information On Missing 13-Year-Old Mia Heycox
- Police Call For Info Regarding String Of Queabeyan Car Fires
- Police Issue Warning After 'Indecent' Act In Haig Park
- Barr Promises New Walk-In Barr Promises Centres At Gungahlin And Weston Creek
- LDA To Sell Northbourne Land