Latest - Capital Radio News
Phoebe Deas Published on 25 January 2016
Canberra streets could host trials of self-driving cars under a plan by the Canberra Liberals.
Shadow Transport Minister Alistair Coe will release the draft legislation today.
Mr Coe says Canberra's dispersed population and expertise in science and technology makes the capital an ideal testing ground for autonomous cars.
Similar schemes exist in South Australia, Britain and some American states.
- 14 carriages already ordered for Canberra's Light Rail
- Inmate assaulted in his cell fearful of second attack
- Suspicious Fire Destroys Centrelink Building in Goulburn
- Woman Out on Bail Accused of Smuggling Drugs
- Concerns Over Canberra's New Transport Body
- ACTION Buses Out of Action Tomorrow
- 13-Year-Old Driver Involved In Cyclist Crash
- Positive Results For Canberra House Prices
- Escaped Inmate Calls Police Amid Fears Of Hypothermia
- Figures Show More ACT Indigenous Students Finishing Year 12
- Witnesses Sought To Civic Coward Punch
- Canberrans Encouraged To Join ANU's Mr. Fluffy Survey
- Chief Coroner Recommends Changes To Surgeries
- Canberra Casino Submits New $300 Mill Bid
- CEO sleep out a success
- International Flights create local jobs
- Garbage truck drivers strike for a 5th time
- Government Accused of Censorship
- Plan to Tackle Blood-Borne Viruses
- Canberra's Water Shortages Falling Short